Thread: How to disable ads on Airtel DTH HD channel info?

How to disable ads on Airtel DTH HD channel info?

I dont understand why I am seeing an advertisement on my Airtel DTH HD channel information? We are regularly shown too many ads on channel itself and now they have put the ads even at the startup. It really annoys me a lot. This is really a pathetic move made by the Airtel people. Even in channel information and in the menu there are ads displayed. How do I stop this ads from displaying at such places? Is there anyone who knows how to stop it? Thanks

Re: How to disable ads on Airtel DTH HD channel info?

Even I am very annoyed with this problem that is started in the Airtel DTH. I have even reported this problem to the airtel_presence twitter account but it was of no use. I think that if there is anything that we can do is drop a complain letter to the pgpgortal.gov.in website which will look into this case and try to immediately resolve it. If the complaints are made in bulk then surely Airtel will have to stop showing ads on its menu and startup page. The best part is that they have even started recording this problems.

There is no way to disable ads displaying on Airtel DTH HD channel info or anywhere else in the menu. It is by default that the ads are shown to the consumers who are using its services. For solving this issue I even got a call from the Airtel customer care and he was asking me what type of ads I am seeing? It seems that they themselve doesnt know what ads they are showing? In the end I got the usual dialogue that he will forward this issue to the marketing department and nothing will be done for ages.

There are also other DTH services like Tata Sky who are placing ads in their user interface. The main purpose of this ads serving is the medium of extra income for all these DTH operators. But Airtel has recently modified something about how to view the messages. The loading time has also increased for inbox. I once raised my voice for the Advertisement placement problem but the customer care guy told me that until TRAI introduces some rules the ads shown will not be changed. So there is nothing we can do about it.