Thread: Tata Photon 3G slow on facebook and yahoo

Tata Photon 3G slow on facebook and yahoo

I am using my friends TATA Photon. It is a 3G connection and offer a relatively good speed. It was working well at the start when I recharged it. But now it is getting quiet slow. It takes long time to open Facebook. The issue is same with yahoo. While a few sites work well. Also I am unable to see any videos on youtube. I am unable to figure out the issue here. It is a postpaid connection and mostly it offers unlimited download. So it must not get slow down.

Re: Tata Photon 3G slow on facebook and yahoo

Looks like you are surfing too much. Due to which you are getting issue. It is recommended that you must use it wisely. Most of this 3g models comes with a fup policy that means a monthly limit. If you cross that then you wont get any additional kbps to use. So here you have to check that first. You can call on the customer care and ask him about the same. They will give you how much data you had used. If it has cross fup then you wont get anything till next month.

There are few tcp optimizer software on web. This tools are designed to boost your internet speed. They work by caching web pages and it is really fast and amazing. You can install any one of these. This are simple to use. I was using one of long back when I was having a tata photon prepaid connection. I was not having a 3G setup. It is good for web surfing not for videos. You can try out any of this and see whether there is any increase in the speed or not.

Just check your system for virus or malware. They can cause the speed issue. You can install a bandwidth monitor application in your system. This application will give you detailed information on current speed. There can be windows update or any other third party update which is causing the issue. You must simply disable those things. This will save your bandwidth more. Scan your system in with a good antivirus under safe mode. That will also help.

Most of this usb modems does not work well if you are having poor network coverage in your area. When you connect it you can see network icons on the software in your pc. It must be full to give you a constant connectivity. If it is poor then you wont get a good amount of speed. I had used photon and sold it. It worked well for few months in the start. Later on I was shifted and the network coverage was very poor. It was giving a very slow speed.

You are having a postpaid 3g connection which simply means it must work well. Here you are having issue with the output. You can contact the customer care and complain them about this. They will give you the solution. If still it does not work then they might also replace the unit which can be faulty. I am using Vodafone. And it is one of the best in the market. It is smooth and works really well. It offer a constant and good speed in any condition.