Thread: Frequent Hathway internet disconnection issue in my area

Frequent Hathway internet disconnection issue in my area

I had just got a new Hathway internet at my home. My neighbor is also using the same. But I am facing a disconnection problem here. The net is not constant. I am using IDM to download files. The download stops in between and then resume back after few minutes. I had contacted hathway for that and they say everything is fine from their end. What can be the problem Is this can be a virus issue.

Re: Frequent Hathway internet disconnection issue in my area

No. It can be due to the modem or lan cable you are using. Sometime they are not proper due to which data packet drops in between. Launch cmd and in that type ping google.com -t and hit enter. You will get a response through the server. If it is constant then net is fine, but if you are getting a request timeout error them your internet is not fixed. Call the hathway guy and show them this. Tell them to replace the modem or cable.

I am having a airtel connection. It was working fine when I had bought it for the first time. But later on after a few month it started giving issue. There was bit interruption in my line due to some other connection. So there is nothing I can do to fix this thing. It is still working. I had switched to wireless where it works fine than the cable connection. I am going to buy a more powerful router to make it stable.

I am also using Hathway and it works well. There is no issue here with the output. I will recommend you to check your system first. Update your lan drivers. If possible try to change the lan cable. You can find that easily in any nearby shop. Change that and if you can arrange a modem then test that also. That will be also bit helpful. According to me a cable connectivity is bit more better than wireless.