Thread: How to configure Tikona broadband on Dlink Wifi router

How to configure Tikona broadband on Dlink Wifi router

I want some help to configure Tikona broadband on Dlink wifi router. I had tried to configure it but it is not working. I want to hook the broadband on the router so that I can share it on my mobile and laptop. The Dlink router is a new model. I have a CD that shows me the setup of doing but I am unable to make it work. I had contacted Tikona also they said I just have to connect the lan cable in the router. That's it.But things are not working here.

Re: How to configure Tikona broadband on Dlink Wifi router

If you are on a wan network then just connect the lan cable to the router. The router will auto detect the settings and done. You will be able to access the internet on your phone and laptop as well. It is essential that you must be able to see the new wifi connection on both the device. If you are unable to see then there is a configuration issue.You can find more settings in the admin page. Type the IP address of router to modify the same.

I also have a dlink router. Type 192.168.0.1 in the web browser and hit enter. You will be able to access the router admin page. Just type the user id and password and then click on setup. Towards the left you can see wireless setup. Click on that. Now follow the new wifi setup. Follow the screen steps. Add a wifi password and provide a simple SSID. Once done you will be able to configure a new wifi network. Add that in the mobile and laptop.

I am using my 3G modem on Dlink router. I got one long back before. The router is not having any problem. For WAN it works directly. There is no need to add any settings. But for 3G you have to add the details in that manually. Also if you are having a MTNL type of connection then also you have to add details manually in that. If the wifi is not working in the pc then just try to re-install the wifi configuration utility.