Thread: Reliance Prepaid Mobile Data plans for email and whatsapp

Reliance Prepaid Mobile Data plans for email and whatsapp

I have a Reliance connection. I want some info on a nice data pack that I can use for email and whatsapp only. I have a android phone in which I am using Hotmail app to check my mails. WhatsApp looks to be working fine on slow connection also, but Hotmail and Yahoo app freezes a lot. So I want a decent plan that I can use when I am traveling. For packs there is a monthly charge. I need something that can charge me whenever its needed. Is there any plan like that.

Re: Reliance Prepaid Mobile Data plans for email and whatsapp

If you upgrade to 3G then surely you can get a good speed. Reliance offer you a Pay As You Go plan. There is no rental fee for this. Once activated you have to pay 10 paise for per 10 KB. It is good for those who only want to use internet for sometime. I find this plan costly. Here you are paying around Rs.10 for per MB. That means if you are downloading around 10 MB of data at a time you are paying around Rs.100. For 3G is ideal for those who are limited users.

Don't go for Pay As You Go. I had used this. They charge really high. The best is to go for a unlimited pack even if you are not using internet constantly. The issue lies with Android phone. Almost all apps in it keeps on downloading fresh updates. Recently I paid Rs.200 for a 20MB Gmail app update. That was just waste of money. You can go for 1GB pack that will cost you Rs.156.. That is a bit cheaper. Atleast you can recharge it twice.

It is right you must never go for a plan that charge you on per kb basis. For mobile I think 2G is also enough. You don't have to spend on 3G if you need something only for emails and chat. I think by paying around Rs.100 you will get the amount of data you want. No need to spend on 3G. Once your net is active the mail app will sync your account. It is going to take time for the first time only. There are other telecom providers also. They give more impressive offer. If you have a dual sim phone then you can try some other service providers.