Thread: Tata Sky HD+ error "disk is powering from energy saving mode"

Tata Sky HD+ error "disk is powering from energy saving mode"

I am using a Tata Sky HD+ STB at my place and from last few days when ever I am switching it on to watch some recorded programs then I am getting an error message that says "Disk is powering up from Energy saving mode. Please wait." I will only get one button to press OK and nothing else. So I have to again switch it to off and then start it to watch the recorded program. This problem has started to happen everyday and it is very annoying. So, if anyone has some solution for this issue please let me know.

Re: Tata Sky HD+ error "disk is powering from energy saving mode"

Can you check in the settings of your Tata Sky HD+ to see whether the Power Saving Mode is turned off or not. If it is turned off and you are still getting the same issue then can you try to restart your set top box and see if that works for you. This seems to be a firmware issue or some sort of software issue with the STB. So try to call the Tata support team and ask them to troubleshoot this issue.

How old is your Tata Sky HD+ set top box? I have heard that this problem usually happens if the STB's hard drive starts to die. Just check if you can hear any clicking sound from the STB, if yes, then it is time to replace the hard drive. I dont know whether the hard drive is covered in their warranty terms or not, but you should ask their technicians to change the hard drive which is the root cause of the problem.

If even after restart the Set Top Box is still showing you the same error then try to first format the hard drive completely. Aftert that test to see if you get the same problem. If yes, then I also think that the hard drive might be corrupted and it is time to get a replacement hard drive for same. Since it is on rental basis so I think they will only charge you a minimal amount for the services and not for the drive.