Thread: Bsnl 7gb 3g Data Plan question

Bsnl 7gb 3g Data Plan question

I recently heard that BSNL has launched a new 3G data plan that has a 7GB limit. If it is true then can I buy a prepaid BSNL sim card and will this plan work on it or is it for postpaid connection only. I am right now using Vodafone sim card with Rs. 102 3g data plan that has a limit of only 300mb. What is the cost of this new BSNL 3G data plan of 7gb by the way and is it any good? Thanks

Re: Bsnl 7gb 3g Data Plan question

Yes, you have heard the news right that bsnl is giving 3g data plan of 7gb of data. This plan is available for both prepaid and postpaid customers, so you can use it in your prepaid sim cards without any problems. The cost of this plan is, however, different for prepaid and postpaid connections. For prepaid customers, you will have to pay Rs. 821 and for postpaid customers you will have to pay Rs. 666 to get this plan.

I was hoping if BSNL is providing this plan of 7gb to customers then they should have also given atleast 3 months validity but you get only 30 days validity. 7GB of data can be used for almost 3 months and I dont think it will get over within one months period and if we dont utilize it fully then it is simply a waste of money. If you are a heavy downloader or watch too much youtube videos by streaming it on your mobile phone then only it is good for you.

I have found out that BSNL 3G network is very poor. If you are indoor or at some underground area, like in a underground parking lot then there is no network on our mobile phone at all. But if you compare Vodafone or Airtel then you get atleast somewhat network to make or receive a call. Also, previously the validity of this plan was 30 day only but now it has been revised for a 60 days validity.