Thread: Airtel data usage gets over quickly

Airtel data usage gets over quickly

I am using Airtel's 4mbps plan that comes with 25gb FUP. I noticed that this data plan gets over very quickly. So, I downloaded an app which can keep a track on this data usage. So after using it for a while I found that with only 15gb data used my plan got over and therefore the speed was reduced as well. So I asked the Airtel Customer support about this problem but they said the my internet data usage was over and hence I was forced to use the capped internet. Now, does anyone know if Airtel people are cheating us?

Re: Airtel data usage gets over quickly

Can you tell us what kind of application you are using to check the data usage of your Airtel Internet Plan? You can try to use SmartBytes data counter which is very easy to use and accurate. I personally use it all the time and have a good trust on this application. I have even never see a difference between a 1gb data or so.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

I do believe that you must keep the Smartbytes page as your homepage and then you will get some idea on how much data you are using in real on everyday basis. One thing I would also like to note is that when you are not using the internet then try to make sure to turn of the modem that is connected in the computer. It could be possible due to the modem being turned on it is using additional data?

I was visiting Smartbytes regularly so that I can keep a track of my internet data usage. But I found out that it was not showing the proper values continuously at a session and takes a very long time to show or in most cases until the modem restarts. Also, it usually takes 48 hours so that the bill can be updated. I am now planning to change my ISP once and for all.