Thread: get 3g Speed in Tata Docomo 2g plan

get 3g Speed in Tata Docomo 2g plan

I remember previously when I was using Vodafone 2g plan in my mobile phone and using this same plan to surf on 3g speed. Basically my mobile phone used to support 3g and after activating 2g plan in my phone I simply used to change the GSM network to WCDMA only and then I used to get 3g speeds. But now it is not working anymore. So I was thinking if there is any other network provider like Tata Docomo for which we can use the same trick? Thanks

Re: get 3g Speed in Tata Docomo 2g plan

Yes, there is a trick that I have read somewhere to use 3g speed with a Tata Docomo 2g plan. I dont know for sure whether it works or not but you can give it a try. So, what you need to do is recharge your Tata Docomo with a minimum of Rs. 8 or Rs. 9 and afterwards recharge with 2g as well. Now you will need to make your balance Rs. 1 or Rs. 2. Try to just change the internet speed in your mobile phone to 3g mode and then you will start noticing the difference.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Can anyone tell me whether the above trick to use 3g in Tata Docomo 2g plan is working or not? If anyone has done this then please share your views here. I have heard that there was a network restrictions done on every 2g sims so I doubt if this will work. But if this trick is working then I will surely switch to the Tata Docomo sim card.

I have heard that this trick is not working for most of the Tata Docomo Sim cards. But you can still try it and see if it works for you. You will need to choose any 2g plan from the different plans that are offered and then activate it by reducing the balance. Remember not to recharge it from retailer. After that change the mobile network to 3g network and see if it is working for you.