Thread: What is Vodafone R205 MiFi device?

What is Vodafone R205 MiFi device?

Can anyone tell me what is this device from Vodafone R205 MiFi? Is it a wifi device based for mobile phones? How are we supposed to use it with our mobile phones? I have seen the image of this device and it looks very similar to Tata Photon type of device, which is kind of a usb device that can be carried anywhere due to its small size? Can anyone answer my questions please? Thanks

Re: What is Vodafone R205 MiFi device?

It is actually a Mobile Wifi R205 device which includes HSPA/3G network that has a download speed of 21mbps and upload speed of 5.76mbps. It is also very lighter in weight. There is also a display button that you can bring up by clicking on the button on the right side of this device. There is also a 32gb micro sd slot that converts this device into a memory card that can be connected to a computer to save or transfer data.

The term Mifi for this vodafone device stands for mobile wifi device. This wifi device can be used to share internet for upto 5 people at one time. The best part of this Vodafone R205 mobile wifi device is that it is very portable and is wireless. You dont need to plug it in the computer, just use the wifi connection to connect it and there are no software required to be installed for this device as well.

Actually, to use this device you just need to turn on the wifi and sync this device on your mobile phone and then start using the internet. But I dont think this is useful at all since we already use different data packages on our mobile phone which makes this device useless. Also, keeping your mobile phone on wifi continuously will drain the phone's battery considerably, so in my opinion this device is a total waste.