Thread: how to record on Airtel DVR box

how to record on Airtel DVR box

Hello,

I am using the Airtel DTH at home and I was wondering if I could record the programs from DVR hard drive to my computer with the helps of HDMI cable? If this is not possible, then can anyone tell me how to transfer recoreded programs to external hard drive since all the recording time is over. I just want to store some of the recordings to another drive. Thanks for any replies

Re: how to record on Airtel DVR box

You will need to purchase the HD EzRecorder Plus from AVerMedia. If you will use this then you warranty will also not be cancelled from the DTH Provider. If you dont buy this then you will require to open the Set Top Box which will void your warranty. With this device you are simply capturing the videos and therefore it doest not invloves any kind of copyright act. AVer Media HD EzRecorder C283 will cost you atleast Rs. 7500 approximately.

I have recently bought the Western Digital WD TV Live and I wanted to know if I can use it to connect it to the DTH box? I also wanted to connect an external hard drive for recording the videos to the WD Hard drive player? I am just trying to get a solution for it because I dont want to spend any more cash on more hardware. Thanks

When I was using the Airtel DVR then I think 2 cables were connected to the 2 tuners in the box. If you try to record one channel then also you will be able to watch another channel and can also record 2 channels at the same time. While watching a recorded program it is also possible to record 2 channels. Incase you are not recording then only one tuner might be used for all channels.