Thread: Usb Wifi dongle for Tata Sky+ HD set top box for only Rs. 300

Usb Wifi dongle for Tata Sky+ HD set top box for only Rs. 300

I was at my village last month and when I came back I checked an alert that I have got saying that the USB Wi-Fi Dongles for Tata Sky+ HD DVR will be offered at Rs. 300. Also it was said that this usb dongle is only compatible with the mentioned products only? Does anyone know if this can be unlocked to be used on other products and is it really worth it or so? Thanks.

Re: Usb Wifi dongle for Tata Sky+ HD set top box for only Rs. 300

Even I received a call from Tata Sky that they have recently launched a new Wifi Dongle that actually costs Rs. 1200 but they are giving it for just Rs. 300 only. It really seems to be a good offer. So I immeditely took the offer and after some days a guy came and installed it. It was a simply plug and play device with no IP setting or what so ever. After that he showed me the demo by downloading sample video and played it as well. Personally, I think that it is worth the money.

Actually this Wifi dongle was offered at Rs. 100/ only somewhere in the middle of the June month for a limited time. But now its costs is Rs. 300 which is also value for money and not even bad. The best thing about Wifi STB is that you can move the router to a better place to fill weak signal areas. The STB at my place was able to detect the device very quickly after when I plugged the Wifi dongle and gave options for configuration.

The price given for the Wifi dongle is a steal price compared to the market price right now. The signal is pretty decent at a long distance and even the "dual frequency bands" support gives upto 300mbps speed with support with 802.11 a/b/g/n. This speed can be achieved by modifying the wireless card settings in most of the cases.