Thread: 3G network not working in Huawei E303C Data Card with Idea Sim

3G network not working in Huawei E303C Data Card with Idea Sim

I have bought a Huawei E303C Data Card from a store and I wanted to use 3g on it. So I used my Idea 3G sim card in it, but after browsing internet I found out that I am getting only 2g network and not 3g network. I checked the same card in the Idea Netsetter and am getting full 3G network as well. Can anyone tell me how do I get idea 3g network on Huawei E303C data card? Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: 3G network not working in Huawei E303C Data Card with Idea Sim

Well, I think that you will have to install Idea Netsetter software incase you use the non Idea Sim. And then you will also have to activate 3G by sending sms to gify. Also check whether 3G service is available in your area or not. This problem also happens if you are out of network coverage and you dont get full 3g network coverage.

Did you try to use the same Idea 3g Sim card in some 3g mobile phone? Are you able to get 3G coverage in the same phone? If not then surely it seems to be either a Sim card problem or the network problem. Just check at the backside whether the sim card is not too much scratched because if it is then you will have to replace it and get a new Sim card from to get 3G network to work.

To get 3g on this data card, just follow the below steps:

1. Choose Tools > Options to open the Options interface.
    2. Set Network Type to WCDMA only and click Apply. About one minute later, you can access 3G networks.
    3. If you still cannot access 3G networks after 3G only is selected, the APN may be incorrectly set. Contact the local carrier. If the problem persists when the APN is correctly set and 3G only is selected, use a 3G mobile phone to test whether the local area is covered by 3G networks. If the 3G mobile phone cannot access 3G networks, you can infer that the problem must be related to the network.

More information can be found here - http://www.huaweidevice.co.in/Support/FAQ/E303c.php