Thread: MTNL requires 20 signature for FTTH connection

ohmy MTNL requires 20 signature for FTTH connection

Last month i saw a news about MTNL launching high speed Fiber to home broadband plans in mumbai. As of now i am using BSNL connection and fed up of their slow download speeds and downtime. Hence i planned to switch to MTNL's these new FTTH connection.

Here is the funny part. When i went to MTNL office for the application they said me to bring 19 more people's signature who willing to take MTNL's connection then only they will provide me the same. I mean they will only offer you FTTH tariff if you have a group of 20 people willing to switch to MTNL.

Anyone here managed to get any of these plans?

Re: MTNL requires 20 signature for FTTH connection

What? Are you sure that is the procedure for getting the FTTH connection from MTNL ?

Well i will congratulate MTNL for launching FTTH plans but would like to advice them to keep it with themselves.

I too agree with you Indulal. I mean how can a person can make 20 other people ready to go for the connection he wants to use? If all other are happy wither existing (different ISPs) internet connections, why will they want to switch to MTNL, just for ME? If they would have asking for just guarantor from the society, they people can sign the application for me, but they will surely don’t like to change their existing connections. MTNL sucks.

Surprising but true. I went to apply for the same and they told me to bring 20 more customers from my society. Well it took a month to get 5 signatures, still 15 pending. Hence I renewed my existing Airtel broadband and dropped the idea for switching to MTNL.

I will suggest you all to don’t go for MTNL…they are in mood to play with us or want to increase their customer numbers via us. Funny.