Thread: Getting airtel prepaid balance back for accidental recharge

Getting airtel prepaid balance back for accidental recharge

I am a an Airtel user since long time. Usually i do recharge directly from internet or from my Mobile itself. Yesterday night i was browsing on my phone and suddenly the 3G data expired. so i immediately recharged again from my mobile. Here, instead of entering Rs. 41, i accidental entered 71 and confirmed. Damn, i realized the mistake just after confirming the transaction. After few seconds i received an SMS from airtel saying talktime Rs. 4 and service charge Rs 67. I checked my 3G data balance but still it was showing Zero Mb left.

I know i did a mistake but where does the money went? I immediately called Aritel CC on 121, after trying for 5 minutes finally got connected with their one representative but he was just unware what is he talking about. At last it gave me some codes to send SMS and some numbers to call and explain the problem. Well i send the SMS but dint received and response. I tried calling up that numbers which take me to their IVR system but nothing happens.

Did anyone else here got under such situation anytime? Is there any way to get the money back in such accidental recharged situation?

Re: Getting airtel prepaid balance back for accidental recharge

Unfortunately there is no way you or me can do anything to get the recharge money back. Only who can do it are those customer care representatives. If you are not able to contact them or they are not assisting you properly, simply go to nearest Airtel Gallery in your area and ask them to refund your money right then and right there. They have to refund it if any other plan is not activated on your mobile for those money.

I don’t think you are going to get the money back because as you said you received a sms saying “talktime Rs. 4 and service charge Rs 67”, that means there is some plan activated which costs rs 71. Once the plan activated to network provider refunds the money. Also you did on your own, so it is not their fault.

I too agree with you Svana, if any special plan is activated surely you will not get the refund but there is a small confusion. As I can see the Airtel recharge list, it is as follows:
    Rs. 70 > Top UP recharge > Rs.65 talktime in main account
    Rs. 78 > 12 Mins of ISD Calls to Nepal and Pakistan

There is no recharge for Rs. 71. So what is the plan activated for with service charge of rs 67? I think you should visit the gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahan View Post
    There is no recharge for Rs. 71. So what is the plan activated for with service charge of rs 67? I think you should visit the gallery.
    Hello Farahan. The plan you have listed above is for Mumbai region I guess, right? These use to differ state by state and region by region. There is no compulsion the OP is also from Mumbai and he might behaving some recharge for Rs. 71 in his region which might have got activated. Anyways, visiting Gallery is not a problem if he has time to waste.

Alright guys, forget it. I visited the gallery and they said that I have activated some kind of STD pack (which I don’t require at all) and its already been couple of days to the recharge. So they cannot process the refund. Anyways, I’ll concentrate while recharging from the next time. Thank you all by the way.