Thread: Change wifi password of beetel 450tc1 Adsl Modem

Change wifi password of beetel 450tc1 Adsl Modem

I have a Beetel 450TC1 configured with at my home. As i am weak in networking and all the hardware guy did this for me. Its been about 3 months for the setup and now it seems like few guys in my neighbor have cracked the password because i feel some decrease in my download speed and bandwidth. So i want to change my WiFi password but as i said i am new for the same i have no idea how do we do it. And if i call up that hardware guy again he will charge me few bucks just for such a small work. Hence i came here. Hope anyone of you guys can please help me out with the same.

Thank you.

Re: Change wifi password of beetel 450tc1 Adsl Modem

Whats so tough in that? You can do it simply from the wireless settings or Security area, right. Here is the step by step process for doing the same.
    • First of all login to your router by typing its IP address in your any web browser. Probably it should be 192.168.1.1
    • Login with Router User ID/ Pass. Probably it should be Admin and Admin
    • Now from the left pane click on Wireless and click Security
    • You will see a password field here with ********. This is you password. Simply enter the new password and click Save button at the bottom or in the left pane.

Thats it.

Thank you very much for the help Labman.. but there seems to be something wrong. When i am trying to change the password, it is giving me some error message. I found WEP selected, and the field with password. Just changed the password and clicked on Save but it wont save. Any other help please?

Quote Originally Posted by Yudhaajit View Post
    When i am trying to change the password, it is giving me some error message.
    What error message? You should always post with complete details, atleast with the error codes so that anyone reading your post can suggest you best solution. Anyways, just make sure you have the following configuration under Interface tab > Wireless:
    • Access Point: Activated
    • Channel: India
    • 802.11 b+g
    • SSID Index: 1
    • Broadcast SSID: Yes
    • Authentication Type: WEP2
    • SSID: Type any name. This will be your WiFi Network’s Name.
    • Set up a wifi password under the key field. Follow the password restrictions given on the routers page.

Let me know if you face any more problem.

Ok, so I had to select the WEP2. You should have told me this earlier. I selected the same, put my password and saved. It accepted. I tried connecting my phone and it is working absolutely fine.

Help appreciated.