Thread: Alternative to Zee Dish TV SD Recorder

Alternative to Zee Dish TV SD Recorder

I am suing a Tata Sky box since long time now as bought a new place i was planning to buy one more STB. After working out finally i found the Zee DishTV SD Recorder the best of all. But thats just my thinking. Also its price seems to be good, Rs. 1900 for new customers and just Rs. 1000 for existing customers. Now as i dont have much experience about other other STBs apart from Tata Sky, i wanted you guys suggestions as well.

Should i go for DishTV SD Recorder or is their any better alternative for the same? Had anyone used this? Thanks for your replies in advance.

Re: Alternative to Zee Dish TV SD Recorder

Yep i have used the new Dish SD Recorder and i dont think anyone else is better than this at the moment. It is the cheapest among all its competitors and offers you unlimited capacity. However you get just 4GB as promotional offer at the time of purchase but later it can be expanded as per your need. Apart from this its performance and recorder is better than others. The best part i like in Zee Dish TV SD Recorder is you can simply plug and play any existing USB pendrive or HDD and build an entire genre based library of your favorite program. I would say just go for it.

I don’t know how you people like DishTV. I have used it for over a year and now switched to Videocon D2H. If you are really using Dish you might have noticed that they provide mostly unwanted channels which is never required. While at the same time Videocon has better channels including movies, music, games etc as well as they provide base packs at cheaper cost then Dish. Also sometimes when I faced any problem, calling up their customer care was the horrible thing.

Personally I will suggest you to go with any but not with Dish TV, if the only SD Recorder is not your concerned.

I agree with you Farhan. Even I have faced several problems with DishTv like 303 signal not found errors, their base pack is surely bit costlier compared to others, customer care most of the time are unable to help (First of all somebody teach them speaking english), and many more issues. At the same time my friend has Tata Sky SD Recorder and he has faced problems just once or twice in a year. So I don’t think going for DishTV is a better idea.

Alrite, thank you very much for all your suggestions and helps guys. I just cancelled my DishTV booking. I will search for alternatives.

Appreciated.