Thread: Tata Sky+ HD DVR Software Update

Tata Sky+ HD DVR Software Update

I have a Tata Sky+ HD DVR box since long time. Yesterday evening i received a small update kind of stuff on my box. I guess it was Software Update from the manufacturer. I am not sure about it.

Did anyone else noticed any such thing on your Tata Sky DVR? If yes and updated, did you got something new like we use to have in other device after software update?

Re: Tata Sky+ HD DVR Software Update

Yes, they have launched the Update for Tata Sky Box and i updated it on my box. If you haven't updated it yet, do it. Here is how you can update the firmware on your Tata SKY STB:
    • Turn off STB. Unplug it power cord. Replug and Turn On.
    • Immediately press Back button twice>
    • Instantly press 2465 keys and wait.
    • It will start download and installing the firmware automatically.

The process with take about 8 to 10 minutes, during this make sure you turn off the STB or may get some problem.

Thanks for the info and steps buddy what I also wanted to know what new stuffs do you got after updating the same? Is there anything interesting? If yes, then only I would like to update or else I don’t want to mess up the things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaural View Post
    what new stuffs do you got after updating the same? Is there anything interesting? If yes, then only I would like to update or else I don’t want to mess up the things.
    Yes, there are several new things like few settings such as Signal Test, Home Network Setup, Power Saver Settings, Recording Menu Playing Options, etc. They have also added few new options in Users setting menu such as Add Channels, Scan Satellite, Delete Channels, Delete All Channels. Interesting, isn’t it?

And by the way updating Firmware has nothing to mess up.

That’s correct Deep123. Apart from the settings and new option, I also noticed some improvement in the performance and other stuffs for example, I was facing some lags earlier with my remote but now it works too good and has become more responsive. Now the sound level has also increased, menu looks even better with a new option called Guide menu. And the most important, they have added few more HD Channels.

Hi friends, I need a bit help on this. Two days ago I updated the firmware for my TS STB. Update went fine without any problem, even noticed the new improvements but don’t know how I am no longer able to get the Dolby Digital sound for HD channels. I even tried calling up their customer care but they were out of help.

Can anyone here please provide me any kind of fix? Many thanks.

I am not sure whether this will work but lets give it a try. Turn On the STB, tap Organizer button on the remote. Select User Settings > Sound Settings > Preferred Audio settings. Here if you see it is showing the sound as PCM, change it to Dolby and save the changes by pressing Blue button on the remote. Now better restart the Set Top Box once to effect the changes and see if it is working fine.