Thread: Steps for port forwarding with BSNL Nokia Siemens Networks Residential Router 1600

Steps for port forwarding with BSNL Nokia Siemens Networks Residential Router 1600

I have a Nokia Siemens Residential 1600 Router which i was using since long time at my home with Desktop computer. Now i had to out station because of some official work. I bought a new laptop and carried the Router with me. Here a i bought a BSNL Broadband with unlimited offer and configured with my router. Everything is working fine except one problem. Though i get download speed upto 700kb from all other sites, it gives me not more 40KB whenever i download anything from Torrent sites.

After digging for hours finally i figured out that the problem is with Port Forwarding. I tried searching for the same in this router but not getting any option for the same. If anyone of you have any experience with Nokia Siemens can you please suggest me where can i get the access for Port forwarding in this router?

Thanks for your helps.

Re: Steps for port forwarding with BSNL Networks Residential Router 1600

Here are the steps to Port Forward Utorrent on the Nokia Siemens router:
    • Login to your Router by typing http://192.168.1.1 URL in your web browser. The ip address may differ.
    • Login username and password for Nokia Siemens router use to be probably admin/admin
    • once logged in click on Security link
    • You will see new option called Port Forwarding.
    • Here click on Add at right bottom

Thats it. Now enter the proper details in the field provided to add torrent port forwarding.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Re: Steps for port forwarding with BSNL Nokia Siemens Networks Residential Router 1600

help appreciated friend. Thank you for posting step by step process. That really helped me. Now i have done the settings and port forwarding for Utorrent but still getting the same 40 to 45kbps speed. Downloading speed is bit higher on other sites. That means there is till some problem in port forwarding, right? Can you please tell me what can i do now?

Thank you.

Re: Steps for port forwarding with BSNL Nokia Siemens Networks Residential Router 1600

Quote Originally Posted by Science Clayton View Post
    That means there is till some problem in port forwarding, right? Can you please tell me what can i do now?
    There is a small Utility that analyses the router and ports automatically and tells you if the port has been properly forwarded or if there is any problem. It is called as "Open Port Check tool" and you can download the same from here. Just 160kb in size, not a big deal right? Download > Install > and type the port you want to check, select UDP or TCP and simply click the Check Me button to see if the port has been forwarded properly.