Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

distribute broadband connections with ADSL2+CPE/IAD modem

India BroadBand

Old 05-06-2013

distribute broadband connections with ADSL2+CPE/IAD modem

I am looking for a way to distribute 10 BSNL broadband connections to a specific place. The modem that I am using is ADSL2+CPE/IAD. So I assume that for this 10 bsnl connections I will need 20 modems and for every modem there will be different username and password given which will be configured in the modem devices itself? Can anyone tell me how to do this distribution? Thanks.

Old 06-06-2013

Re: distribute broadband connections with ADSL2+CPE/IAD modem

Well, iif you want 10 connections then you will also need to get 10 different bsnl telephone numbers and broadband connections along with 10 adsl modems. You will also need to select a tariff plan and every user should pay for his usage. Or else you can use a single connection with 1 adsl modem plus 2 lan port along with wifi router.
Old 07-06-2013

You can easily buy a Switch and thus can share Bsnl broadband connection with anyone. It is a very easy approach. All you need to do is plug-in the modem connection to the Switch and then set all the compputers to obtain the IP addresses automatically. This way you can connect more than 10 pcs at a time, but you should know that people will surf from the same speed that you are using and if more people will use same connection then you can expect to get low browsing speed or download speed. In this case you will need a 4mbps dedicated broadband plan or so.
Old 08-06-2013

You will need to login to SmartAX MT880 admin panel by opening a browser and then typing the 192.168.1.1 address and then enter the username and password. Once you are logged in, check on the left menu and click on DHCP and in its settings enable DHCP. After that set the ending IP address according to number of PCs you want to connect. So, if you have 10 PCs then set the starting from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.102. Hope this helps.

TechArena Community > Technology > India BroadBand
Tags: , , ,