Thread: Looking for Reasonable IPTV service

Looking for Reasonable IPTV service

I am looking for reasonable IPTV plan for my Office. I am having a TATA broadband internet connection. I contacted the customer care of my service provider to collect information on IPTV. They recommend me to go for TATA Sky. But I do not want to go for that. I found that in India only MTNL and Airtel offers IPTV service. What about other service providers. I am not able to locate information on the actual plan rate and other things. I hope there will be some reasonable plans in the market.

Re: Looking for Reasonable IPTV service

Go for dish connection. Really that is more better and cheaper. IPTV is quiet costly here. You will need to pay for the internet bandwidth + for the channels. So that makes it more costly and it is not worth enough. There are hardly any service in India that offers you IPTV at a reasonable rate. Just go for the dish connectivity. There are very few installation charges on the same. Also the connectivity is simple and there is no issue with the broadcasting. You get channel packs on the basis of your need.

I can give you some info on IPTV plan by Airtel. But those are only available for Delhi NCR and Bangalore. While other states have no connectivity for the same. It is correct that compare to dish IPTV are costly. There are two plans available here. Where you will need to pay monthly rental of Rs.3500. Both of them offers 2mbps of bandwidth. The only difference I found among them is in the channels. There are 107 channels in the first one and 138 in the second one.

Why you want IPTV connection. The service of IPTV in India is very poor. You can get a constant streaming output at limited places only. All areas does not gives you reasonable output. It is necessary that you contact the existing service provider and if they are not having anything related to that then just ignore it. Get a dish. You can hook that on your computer and simply record serials if you want. There are separate installation chargers for IPTV which makes it more costlier.

Try contacting MTNL. They offer this service. There are no rental of IPTV. The service that I saw works on recharge coupon. On recharge of Rs.1000 you get 6 months access. You can simply view online channels. It is correct that in India IPTV is not so flourish due to lack of good infrastructure. But compare to that Dish are quiet popular. So you can try to go for a satellite TV connection which is much more cheaper and gives you hundreds of channels.