Thread: No roaming charges on Videocon Mobile Network

No roaming charges on Videocon Mobile Network

I’m a videocon user, recently switched from Airtel. I use a prepaid Sim Card of Videocon mobile and am recently about to go outstation where surely I’ll be under roaming network. So as I was planning to get roaming plan one of my friend told me that Videocon has removed the roaming charges for all Videocon users. Is that true? If yes, does that means I can receive as many calls as I want while in roaming and wont be charged anything?

Somebody please provide confirmation on this because I don’t want to call up Videocon customer care for this as I never get connected with them. Thank you.

Re: No roaming charges on Videocon Mobile Network

Yes, it is true that Videocon has removed or I can say waived off all charges on Incoming calls while roaming. So you can receive as many calls and sms as you can and you will not be charged anything for the same. This is the same like Aircel did 2 months ago. They also waved off roaming charges but in their case customers were required to get a special recharge of Rs 39. Whereas in Videocon you don’t event need to do any special recharge or any activation fees.

I think you missed something guys. Though Videocon has removed all roaming charges without any special recharge or activation fees, remember that the company is sitting their to earn profit and not running NGO. Let me tell you the complete process of this plan. There is no charges for receiving calls or SMS but if you want to make calls while roaming you will need to think about the same. Because no matter what your local plan is, you will need to charge Re.1 / minute for local and 1.5 / minute for STD outgoing calls. At the same time if you need to send SMS you will be charged Rs. 3.45 per SMS. It seems like we have gone is past 7 years where tele communication was so costly.

No matter what they are charging for out going calls, receiving calls use to be important while roaming. Now a days there are several dual sim mobile phones available. You can use your Videocon network for receiving calls and other networks like Vodafone for making calls because they charge the maximum Rs 1 / minute for outgoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuka View Post
    No matter what they are charging for out going calls, receiving calls use to be important while roaming. Now a days there are several dual sim mobile phones available. You can use your Videocon network for receiving calls and other networks like Vodafone for making calls because they charge the maximum Rs 1 / minute for outgoing.
    Thank you all for such useful information and most importantly the tip you provided Ayuka. Appreciated. There is just one last thing i would like to know. Do i need to send some kind of SMS to activate the roaming on my number or will it be activated itself as soon as i leave the city?