Thread: Videcon is planing to launch 4G in Gujarat

Videcon is planing to launch 4G in Gujarat

Videocon is planing to start 4G service in Gujarat. They might provide the same till the end of this year. I was wondering that till yet no telecom provider has gone for 4G. Still there is lot of fixed required for 3G in various parts of India. And above that how 4G can help. It will really far more costlier compared to any existing plan. I think even today ample of users are still using the same gprs or mobile data connectivity. That may does not give speed, but still gives you active internet connectivity. I hope this can be cheaper and offer good connectivity.

Re: Videcon is planing to launch 4G in Gujarat

I think among others Videocon would be the first one to start 4G. And also for using it you will need device that supports 4G like iPhone. Or else there is no use of having this service. I think this is basically for corporate. Who can spend a huge amount of getting instant updates. It is not really for common people. I am using Whatsapp only on my phone and for that my current 2GB plan on 2G is quiet enough. For video surfing you will need that kind of connectivity.

This will be surely a good option for tablet pc. But it is true that you will need a device that supports 4G. I had seen the news. That says Videocon is first going to implement this on Gujarat and then we might expect the same in other regions also. But there was no scheme provided. Means the monthly 4G plan. There is nothing provided on the same. There must be sort of limitation on the same. But if 4G gets common I am sure there will be steep fall in 3G plans also.

Reliance is first one I think to go for 4G. But nothing is implemented till yet. And surely 4G is not for all devices. As it is mentioned in the news that it will be for those devices that support LTE. This can surely improve the video streaming performance to great extent. Because on regular 3G the speed is not enough to stream a video continuously. There is some kind of buffering rate. While on 4G this would be quiet more than enough.

Major issue here lies with network coverage. That is one of the drawback. It does not matter what you are using. Because I had seen even on 2G if your network coverage is poor you face a lot of issue. For calling things work properly, but if you are internet you will get issue. And above all Videocon is not a telecom provider. Companies like Aircell, Airtel, Vodafone, etc are major players in this area. So I am expecting some good plan from them with better coverage.