Thread: Aircel ‘Surf to talk free’ plan

Aircel ‘Surf to talk free’ plan

Today I saw an advertisement on TV about Aircel’s some new mobile plan called ‘Surf to talk free’. I wasn’t able to understand exactly what the plan they revealed. As being an Aircel user, I would love to go with it as I use Aircel 3G to surf. So I wanted to know what benefits they actually providing with this new plan. If it is good I’ll surely buy it today. Please provide some info about ‘Surf to talk free’.

Re: Aircel ‘Surf to talk free’ plan

I think the plan is launched just couple of days ago. There is not any huge benefit. As its name suggests, 'Surf to talk free’ you will need to browse more and more to get free talktime. By term free talktime I mean you will be not charged anything for making calls for specific number of minutes you earned by browsing. As per the plan details, you will get 10 minutes of local calls free on consumption of 1MB or more in browsing. I think it is for both 2G and 3G because the data rates of AIrcel is same for both 2G/3G. That’s all in new plan.

This is just a marketing strategy to attract customers. No benefit for customers end. If you will calculate it in details, then you will find that if you consume 1MB of data in surfing, then as per their charge 1MB costs atleast 10 rupees for 1MB and then you will get 10 minutes free talking. What’s the benefit in this?

Yes, that is correct. I mean we recently heard that few telecom providers like Airtel or Idea are planning to increase the call rates. And at the same time how can Aircel provide you free calls? Obviously they are talking your money from some another source in form of Data browsing.

So I don’t think there is any benefit unless a specific user is using his mobile for specifically browsing web and he spends hundreds of rupees every month for data usage. This plan can only benefit such users.