Thread: Airtel and Idea to increase voice call charges

Airtel and Idea to increase voice call charges

Bad news for Airtel and Idea users including me......
    I just came to know that Airtel and Idea operator are planning to hike their voice call charges, so I just thought of sharing it here. I know many might be disappointed, I guess it's time to switch to some other operator, what you think guys.

Re: Airtel and Idea to increase voice call charges

Yeah, I think it's the right time. I have gone through some related articles just now and have found that they are planning to increase voice call charges by 100 percent. From Re 1 to Rs 2 per minute .......
    On the other hand they are reducing free minutes by up to a quarter as well. Sources say that they are doing this to cover billions of dollars that they have to pay Indian government. I guess other operators will take the same decision soon.

There are possible chances of other operators to support and join the hike race. I have been using loop from a long time but as they haven't come up with 3g yet I was planning to switch to Airtel or Idea but now I will have to think about it. Actually I had decided to pick one from them just for the 3G. For now I don't see any news saying that they will be increasing 3G charges as well.
    Because of the up and down scheme rates, two SIM cards have become essential, One for the cheap voice calling and message scheme where as the other for cheap internet services.

Airtel will be increasing 3G charges as well. I will like to inform you that Airtel had hiked tariffs for 2G data services last month. The normal 1GB 2G data plan which was for 100 Rs has been raised to Rs 125.
    I guess if people start switching to other rivals like Vodafone, loop and all then they will roll out this hike. I was in the impression that voice calls rate will get cheaper and cheaper but now because of our corrupt government they might get costlier overnight.

In some regions Airtel has already increased call vouchers for prepaid customers by Rs. 5-15. However, I don't think this hike will last long. In 2011, Airtel, Idea and Vodafone had increased their voice call but then they had to roll back after losing market share. No doubt same scene is going to repeat. Don't panic guys.

Call rates in our country are lowest in the world. This hike would have direct impact on call duration of every mobile user. Idea Cellular has increased voice call prices in some parts of the country. They have reduced their offers and freebies as well. Idea has hiked call charges from 1.2 paise per second to 2 paise per second and Airtel will be following the scheme. It's obvious that others operators will follow the same suit sooner. I don't think there is any point in switching to some other operator for now. I think we will have to wait for some time to settle down with any operator.

Airtel and Idea are Two of India's leading mobile service providers if they are not able to manage their profit then I don't think any other operator would be able to survive with their old scheme. Sooner or later, they will hike their prices.
    I don't think any operator will roll back this hike this time as they its Indian government who has overhauled the system of spectrum sales. Every mobile operator will have to pay billions of dollars in surcharges. This is one of the statement released by Airtel ...........

“We have been reiterating that increase in prices is inevitable, which is reflected from the fact that despite rising costs, tariffs have been falling over the past 12 quarters,”

Do you all still think that this hike will roll out????

I am surprised that Vodafone has not yet made any statement regarding the hike. I have been using their card form more than 5 years. Hope they won't hike voice call charges.

If that is the case then there will be more port for vodafone after this hike I hope...as I was planning to move with vodafone due to their cost for call and the free hours as well as sms for corporate and it's good when compared to Airtel. But Airtel is good too..and it's just the comparison.

Any idea when "Idea" is going to increase voice call charges?? I am using Idea prepaid sim card and they haven't raised their voice call charges.

They Still keeps the things around ,taking ths customer satisfaction away from the service sector,they concentrates only in making ads.Taking guard against international roaming persons.They charges much more to increased international
    clients.I personally suggest use International sim like xxsim while roaming in India..