Thread: How to use Micromax MMX353G USB Modem in Windows 8

How to use Micromax MMX353G USB Modem in Windows 8

I have Micromax MMX353G USB Modem and I have been using it on my laptop running windows 7. However, today I went to my friends place and he has a system running windows 8. I was able to install the modem software in his PC without any issues but after installing the software when I connected my Micromax MMX353G USB Modem I got a message saying “No device” I have tried connecting it on other system running windows 8 but I am getting the same response there as well. So does that mean Micromax MMX353G USB Modem is not compatible with windows 8???

Re: How to use Micromax MMX353G USB Modem in Windows 8

I am going through the same issue in my case. My laptop runs windows 7 and my system runs windows 8. I don’t have any issue in using Micromax MMX353G USB Modem with my laptop but I get the same “No device” message when I connect it to my system. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Micromax MMX353G USB Manager quite a few times but no avail. It’s getting installed without any issue but I simply can get the Modem working. Seems there is some kind of incompatibility between windows 8 and Micromax MMX353G USB Modem driver.

You might be right, I want to add that I have tried installing latest driver for my Micromax MMX353G USB Modem but it seems as if Micromax doesn’t have one. I have checked out their official site and they don’t have any driver in their download section they just have the user manual nothing else. There are some third party sites that have come up with Micromax MMX USB Manager saying that it supports windows xp, windows vista, windows 7 as well as windows 8 but then they want me to download their installer first. I don’t want to do that, their installers are buggy. I have gone through a lot of issues because of such buggy installer. Let me know if you come across a direct download link for latest Micromax MMX USB Manager that supports windows 8.

Why don’t you both contact Micromax support for the same? If this would have been a common issue then they might be aware and might have come up with some alternate solution to fix it. Rather than downloading and installing software form some third party site, I think contacting Micromax will be a better idea.

Below is what you will have to do to get your Micromax MMX353G USB Modem working on Windows 8:
    • Reinstall Micromax MMX353G USB dongle software if you have it installed.
    • Close its USB manger from desktop and exit it from system tray
    • Now go to C > Program Files > MMX353G USB Manager > Driver, check out for “InstallDriver.exe” and run it.
    • Once the driver gets installed, restart your system go in to device manager, expand “Others” and uninstall all “USB modems” which have yellow exclamation mark or question mark on them.
    • In case you don’t see “Others” option listed then expand “Port” and uninstall Device Application Interface, Device Diagnostic Interface and Device Pipe.
    • Once you are done with all these things right click on device manger and select ““Scan for hardware changes” and launch MMX 353G USB Manager from your desktop, your modem should get connected without any issues and you should not get the same message again.

That worked like a charm, I was scratching my hair since when but I have finally got it working, thanks a lot.