Thread: Department of Telecom (DOT) is blocking File Sharing Websites

Department of Telecom (DOT) is blocking File Sharing Websites

I do not know that I am the only one facing this problem. But just saw a thread about putlocker.com. According to that DoT has blocked putlocker.com. This is a file sharing website. At my place I am not able to access mediafire. It looks Depart of Telecom is under a processing of blocking all the file sharing websites. I am using mediafire from long time and it is one of the best file sharing website. I do not know what our country is going to get from blocking this site. All monetarily benefit will be for our film industry only. Because they are the most affected by file sharing. Due to piracy I had seen a number of file sharing website has changed the way of providing files.

Re: Department of Telecom (DOT) is blocking File Sharing Websites

The block varies on the basis of ISP. Like I am using MTNL and I am able to access the websites. They are blocked here. May be it is on BSNL or Airtel or on any other ISP. It is correct that due to piracy usage a number of file sharing website has changed their way of services. Some of then does not allow you to upload or download file unless you are a registered member. This helps to keep a track of material which is distributed unauthorizedly on the web. It is not easy to filter entire web.

It is stupid to block those website. They are offering a free service of file sharing on web with easy to use interface and above that our government is willing to block them. Instead of that the government must take initial step to avoid misuse of this website instead of blocking the entire site. Recently we had see some controversy emerged due to social networking websites. It looks we people are not capable of handling technology. There are tons of benefits but we are simply misusing the entire platform for cheap self interest.

You are just going out of the topic. I had checked putlocker it opens in my web browser but I am not able to access mediafire. It is a bit weird to find suddenly such sites are blocked. It looks DoT looks very series about file sharing website. But somehow there is always a way for this. People will be still accessing it through proxy. So how can that be blocked. I think there must be a list on web somewhere which can tell us which site is blocked by the ISP and which is not. It is really a bit matter of concern. I always keep my pdf files on 4shared and hope that suddenly the govt. would not block it.