Thread: How much downloads speed you get for AIRCEL Pocket Internet 2G in PC?

How much downloads speed you get for AIRCEL Pocket Internet 2G in PC?

I use AIRCEL Pocket Internet and I want to know how much downloads speed you get for AIRCEL Pocket Internet in PC ?? In my case I get up to 8kbps in my phone and up to 14 kbps in my PC. Some of my friends say that they get more that 20 kbps in PC. On the other hand it never went above 15kbps in my case. I am from Mumbai and my system runs windows 7. I just want AIRCEL Pocket Internet users to share their download speed here so that I can confirm if it actually goes above 20 kbps.

Re: How much downloads speed you get for AIRCEL Pocket Internet 2G in PC?

Even I use AIRCEL Pocket Internet with my laptop and frankly speaking it doesn’t go above 15kbps in my case as well. 15kbps remains constant while downloading but if I start browsing at the same time then it drops to 7kbps. In phone I get 10kbs download speed and it remains constant even when I browse. I think your friends might be lying. Did you inspect their download speed yourself or you just accepted what they said? I really don’t think AIRCEL Pocket Internet download speed can go above 15kbps unless you use 3G Pocket Internet.

Guys download and upload speed differ from area to area. I am from Gujrat and I get 20 kbps when I connect my phone to my system for accessing internet in one room, whereas in other room it won’t even go above 5kbps.

Yes download and upload speed do depend from area to area but as far as my experience it depends on download manager as well. Just to share when I connect my phone to PC for downloading anything then below are the download speeds I get through different download managers.
    Firefox download manager – 15kbps on average
    Chrome downloads manager - 13 Kbps on average
    Internet downloads manager - 24 kbps on average
    If anyone amongst you doubt this download rates then you yourself can download Internet downloads manager and check it out.
    This is a figment of your imagination.

I agree, you can get the best download speed with Internet downloads manager(IDM) but then using it for AIRCEL Pocket Internet doesn’t seem to be a good idea for me at least. I have used it previously but once you start downloading anything from IDM you won’t be able to do anything else, No page will load. You will have to limit its download speed to 10kbps to get the other pages loaded. Internet downloads manager is good for systems having broadband and cable net connection not for internet via mobile.

So 15kbps seems to be the average we can expect from AIRCEL Pocket Internet 2G right?? I am also interested in knowing the download speed of AIRCEL Pocket Internet 3G. If anyone here is using it then please post the download speed of it. I also wanted to add that AIRCEL is the best service provider as far as internet plan and speed is concerned in Mumbai, I don’t know about other cities. I’ll check out Internet download manager for sure, actually when I put anything for download I leave my system like that, I generally don’t browse at the same time so IDM can be a good option for me.