Thread: Vodafone 3G icon missing from iphone 5

Vodafone 3G icon missing from iphone 5

I have activated Vodafone 3G service on my new iphone 5 but I don’t see 3G icon on the screen. I just see "E", I have inspected thoroughly and have crossed checked with my friends and have found that I am getting 2G plan speed and not 3G. Some of my friends are using Vodafone 2g service and they get 0.19 Mbps download speed and I get 0.20 Mbps. There’s not much difference between their 2g service speed and my 3G service speed. However I am getting charged as per 3G service scheme, what might be the problem???can there be any issue with my phone????

Re: Vodafone 3G icon missing from iphone 5

Since you are not able to see 3G icon in your phone, I think there is something wrong from Vodafone’s side and not your phone. I will suggest you to better contact their support, address them the issue you are going through and check out what they have to say about it. It seems as if they have not yet activated your scheme, it might be in process and they might be charging you for 3gservice by mistakenly.

Yes there might be some problem from Vodafone side, I’ll like to inform you that if 3G is activated on your phone and you don’t get proper single than it gets switched to "E"automatically. In that case you won’t see 3G icon and that’s the case you are going through. No matter what you will have to contact them and clear out things, this is not an issue with your phone for sure. I use 3G in my phone and I have gone through this situation many times, after contacting them they used to say they are sorry for the inconvenience caused because of their temporary network issue but they used to resolve it after some hours. Since when you are facing this issue???

I had activated Vodafone 3G service 4 days ago, I thought there was something wrong with my phone as my friends 2G service were working properly. I have contacted them just now and they said that their system is down, they said to revert back to them later. Ill contact them again after some hour and find out what the matter is all about.