Thread: BSNL broadband keep lossing connection in windows 8 pro

BSNL broadband keep lossing connection in windows 8 pro

As my title speaks BSNL broadband keeps losing connection in windows 8 pro system in my case. I am using BSNL DNA-A201BEI Modem in Bridge mode. I can connect to the internet after starting it but I don’t know for what reason connection gets lost and I have to reset Ethernet Connection Adapter to get it working again. I’ve never faced any such issue on windows 7 before, has anyone else faced this issue??

Re: BSNL broadband keep lossing connection in windows 8 pro

Have you installed latest windows 8 NIC drivers? If you haven’t than install it now and check your connection. If you face the same issue after installing latest windows 8 NIC drivers than you can revert back to me for further help. Other than that, make sure that you have installed all recent recommended windows updates.

I have tried installing latest windows 8 NIC drivers and I have installed all recommended windows updates as well but no avail. I have tested out my BSNL DNA-A201BEI Modem with my laptop running windows 7 and it works great, so there is nothing wrong with my Modem. I also wanted to add that I have installed latest firmware for my modem but I keep getting the same response. I was looking after a workaround to fix this issue and have come across many other facing same connection problems but I haven’t come across any effective solution to try out.

Have you contacted BSNL for the same??? If this is a common issue then they might be aware of it and might have come up with a fix. Just contact them and let me know what they have to say about it.

I should have mentioned this earlier. Anyways I had contacted them when this issue started and it was they who had suggested me to reset Ethernet Connection Adapter for fixing this issue. I told them that their workaround is helping but it is working for some times only. I can’t keep resetting Ethernet Connection Adapter every 10 minutes, they simply said they will carry out their test and will revert back to me with a fix soon but it’s been more than a day and I haven’t got any response from them.

Hey use your modem in PPPoE mode you won’t face the same issue after that. That’s the only alternate working solution I have come across by now. You can use your modem in PPPoE mode until BSNL comes up with a fix for it. After enabling PPPoE mode you can set MTU to 1450, 1492 and 1500 but I will suggest you to set it to 1492. Give a try to what I have suggested and post back if you find it helping.