Thread: 3G data plan - "Sim Data Refreshing"

3G data plan - "Sim Data Refreshing"

I have bought Samsung galaxy s3 and have activated one of the Vodafone 3G data plan that I was offered. Currently my problem is that my phone lights up after a minutes and so with a pop up saying "Sim Data Refreshing". It’s really annoying. the only solution that has helped me out is changing the network time to GSM and forcing 2G data plan. I want to know if this is an issue just in my case or others have faced the same??

Re: 3G data plan - "Sim Data Refreshing"

I am using Vodafone 3G data plan on my Nokia phone and I’ve come across that pop up as well but it’s not that frequently. I get it rarely, I am not sure but it there might be something wrong with your sim. If you have some other Vodafone sim with 3G data plan activated than you can test your phone with that.
    xp1800 overclocked to 2.4ghz
    an35n-400u mobo
    256mb of adata ddr500
    maxtor dimondmax8 40gb 7200rpm
    geforce4 ti4400
    52x32x52x16 cd-rw/dvd combo
    Tt 420watt psu

Currently I am not having any other sim with 3G data plan activated. I will surely try what you have mentioned as soon as I get hold of it. I have tried rebooting my phone quite a few times and have reinserted the sim card as well but no avail. I still get that annoying pop up message every time.

I guess there’s something wrong with your sim card. Since you are not having any other sim with 3G data plan activated I will suggest you to better contact Vodafone customer care, address them your issue and check out what they have to say about it. If others people might have reported the same thing than Vodafone must be aware of this issue and will help you out accordingly, best of luck.
    I feel sad for people with good imagination.

This is an issue with sim card and you will have to get it replaced. I have come across few people who have reported this issue and almost everyone has mentioned that they were able to fix it by replacing the sim.

Some of them said that this "Sim Data Refreshing" pop- up comes up when 3G data plan is activated on 2G sim. I am not so sure about this as some of my friend have activated Vodafone 3G data plan on their 2G sim and they haven’t come across any pop up like that.

You should better contact Vodafone customer care or visit nearest Vodafone service center to find out exact cause of this issue and fix it as well.

I was facing exactly the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy s2. I had contacted Vodafone customer care at that time and they had suggested me to replace the sim card. However, replacing the sim card had not made any difference in my case and I was still getting same message after one or two minutes. Currently I have switched back to 2g data plan just because of that annoying message, it seems as if I will have to get a new phone or switch to other operator sim card for using 3g. I am still looking after a fix for this and will let you know as soon as I get any update on this. Just let me know if replacing the sim card helps you out.

Will get my sim card replaced by evening and will surely let you know if it makes any difference in my case. Anyways I am not a 3G data plan user I was just checking it out for a month, it worked quite well and I was truly satisfied but this irritating message messed up everything.

Update – Replacing the sim dint made any difference in my case as well, even I have switched to 2g data plan. In case you come across any update please share it with me.

It seems as if this issue is just with Vodafone. I have gone through many similar threads and have found all of them having Vodafone sim card. So if any of you want to enjoy 3g I will suggest you to go for Mobile number portability and switch to Airtel. One of my friends has recently switched to Airtel from vodafone and he is not getting same pop up message on his Samsung Galaxy s2 anymore.
    Wishlist: Nothing.