Thread: Vodafone 3G Data plan can’t be used in 2G network

Vodafone 3G Data plan can’t be used in 2G network

I have a Vodafone’s network in my phone which has 3G internet plan enabled in it. I have noticed that the region in which I live doesn’t have proper Vodafone coverage. In some part of my locality, there is availability of Vodafone 3G. So if I am visiting my friend’s home where there is no 3G connection, 2G network gets enabled on the phone. There is no problem with the slow internet. The problem is that when in 2G internet network is used, Vodafone charges me 10p/kb. I think this is ridiculous. Does anyone know about this problem?

Re: Vodafone 3G Data plan can’t be used in 2G network

I too find this weird. I mean where 3G network is not available or signals are low, the 2G network is started. But the charges are not so high. I use MTNL’s 3G network and there is no such problem in it. The data usage of 2G internet is included in existing 3G plans. So if I have 80 MB of data usage remaining on 3G internet and I use 2G internet. Under this condition if I use 10 MB, then when 3G internet resumes, I will have 70 MB data usage remaining. No extra charge is applied like in your case. I find it strange.

Re: Vodafone 3G Data plan can’t be used in 2G network

I use Airtel's 3G internet and I find the charges being applied of 2G internet somewhat strange. The charges of 2G internet should be included from the data usage of 3G plan. I suggest that you contact the customer care of Vodafone and confirm if the charges that are being applied on you are right or not. My best guess is that it must be some kind of loop hole in the service of Vodafone which must be causing it.