Thread: Airtel 3G deactivating

Airtel 3G deactivating

I brought a new budget phone which has compatibility with 3G internet. But at present I started the 2G internet on it. After starting the internet and whenever I use it, I get the symbol of 3G internet on the display of my budget phone. I don’t know what is happening, but I have not subscribed for Airtel’s3G plan. Can someone tell me why I getting it and how I should disable it?

Re: Airtel 3G deactivating

You can send a SMS with text ‘3G’ to 121 to get an option to change the plan or to deactivate the 3G internet on your phone. You can try this out and disable the 3G internet that has been activated in your phone. If this doesn’t work then you can call in the Airtel’s customer care, I am sure that they will help you out. You can also visit the service centre of Airtel to get this mistake rectified and get a 2G internet plan instead of 3G. I think this is the best way you can get the plan changed.

Re: Airtel 3G deactivating

I don’t think that it is the 3G internet that has been activated in your phone. It must still be the 2G internet. The budget phone that you are using must not be having the logo for 2G internet. As most of the network providers have less of 2G plans and more of 3G plans, the manufacturers of phone must have not used any logo for 2G network. Now to show the active internet connection, the phone that you are using must be showing the logo of 3G internet. But anyways, you can confirm it from the customer care.