Thread: Can't I install a set top box which doesn't belongs to company which doesn't provides me antenna cable?

Can't I install a set top box which doesn't belongs to company which doesn't provides me antenna cable?

Hello,

Today I installed 'DEN' digital cable network's set top box at my home, I knew about 'Hathway' and I am totally sure that Hathway is a better digital cable provider then this newbie company, but the problem is that my cable operator said that I must install the same company's set top box as in my area cable comes from DEN (means that it is compulsory) , he also said that I will get about 200 channels but actually there are only 60 including rubbish regional channels (sorry no use to me) , so can I change it to Hathway? or a DTH is better? (it costs more, maybe?) Please guide me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't I install a set top box which doesn't belongs to company which doesn't provides me antenna cable?

Well, I havent heard about this DEN digital cable from anywhere. But Hathway or Tata Sky are anytime best and genuine, since they are from a long time in the market. You could try comparing the packages of the TV channel listings from all this services and then go with the one, that suits you the best. You can also try asking for some reviews of this DEN cable network in your local area to find out whether it gives good services or not.

Re: Can't I install a set top box which doesn't belongs to company which doesn't provides me antenna cable?

Quote Originally Posted by amil View Post
    Well, I havent heard about this DEN digital cable from anywhere. But Hathway or Tata Sky are anytime best and genuine, since they are from a long time in the market. You could try comparing the packages of the TV channel listings from all this services and then go with the one, that suits you the best. You can also try asking for some reviews of this DEN cable network in your local area to find out whether it gives good services or not.
    Actually DEN is a local cable provider here in Delhi, originally I wanted to go with Hathway but my operator said that because the cable comes from DEN so it is compulsory for me to install a set top box from same provider, I have no big issues with DEN but it will surely have been a better option when you would have get a better quality and more channels in same budget, but yes as you said a DTH is always better. Old names are more reliable too. Thanks for the help

Well, my friends and I have been using Tata Sky here in mumbai and I find it the best DTH as compared to the others. We get a 160gb hard drive capacity with it, and hence can store most of the movies or program/serials in it and watch it at anytime we want. The service that they give is also reliable and therefore I will suggest you to get it for your own benefit.
    Your every word defines my existence, world and self.