Thread: Loop mobile internet – “DNS failed”

Loop mobile internet – “DNS failed”

I am using Loop mobile internet - True net gprs plan in my Samsung chat. I keep getting “DNS failed” error message most of the time. For eg if I search for anything in the default browser than from 10 times I get “DNS failed” error message 7 to 8 times. Is this an issue with my phone or there might be something wrong from their end?? Any idea? Has anyone else faced the same issue??

Re: Loop mobile internet – “DNS failed”

I haven’t faced the same error in my Nokia phone, not sure if it is specific to your phone. Have you gone through the internet settings??? If possible cross check your internet settings from the operator. You might have messed up something in DNS settings and all.
    Your every word defines my existence, world and self.

No there is nothing wrong with the settings, things were working fine before. This issue has started suddenly since a couple of days. It seems specific to my phone as one of my friends with Lg phone with same plan doesn’t have any issue. I have contacted Loop customer support and they said there is nothing wrong from their side. I have cross verified all settings with them but I am not able to get rid of this error message. I keep getting it most of the time.
    I have tried installing uc browser as I thought there might be something wrong with the phones default browser but no avail. I don’t get “DNS failed” error message in UC browser but its keeps connecting to the internet most of the time. I don’t know what to do and what’s causing this error.

Do you have “Static DNS” checked in advance setting of your internet settings??? If yes then uncheck those settings and see if your internet starts working fine after that. “Static DNS” should be unchecked by default, some people have reported the same error message after checking “Static DNS” in their case. Even I am using Loop mobile gprs and I haven’t faced the same error message by now. I get “connection failed” error message sometimes but just refreshing the page fixes it.
    This is a figment of your imagination.

This is what I have in internet settings:
    Set name – BPLGPRS
    Access name – bplgprs.com
    Auth type – Normal
    User id – blank
    Password – blank
    Protocol – HTTP
    Home url – http://wap.in.samsungmobile.com
    Proxy address – blanl
    Linger time (sec) 90
    Advance settings:
    Static ip – unchecked
    Static dns – Unchecked
    Traffic class – Subscribed

This setting was sent to me by loop support. Let me know if you think there is anything wrong with it.

Try these settings:
    Internet Settings over GPRS
    Connection Name / Profile Name : internet
    Data Bearer : GPRS
    Access Point Name (APN) : www
    User Name : Self Mobile Number
    Prompt Password : No
    Password : loop
    Authentication : Normal
    Gateway IP Address : 0.0.0.0
    Home Page : http://darkwap.mobi
    Connection Security : Off
    Session Mode : Permanent

I have tried making the above changes but after saving them my internet connection was not working at all. Currently I have deleted the internet settings and have reverted back to the ones I have mentioned above and I am still facing the same error. It occurs less frequently now but I want to get rid of this error message completely. Please let me know if there any other setting that I can try out as loop support were of no help and I doubt they will be able to help me out.

Why don’t you just delete your current setting and ask loop mobile support to send you the same??? I think doing that will be a better idea rather than reconfiguring it.

I dint reconfigured it myself. I get loop mobile configuration setting via message if I insert some other sim card in my phone and insert loop sim card later. So I inserted idea sim card first and inserted loop sim card later, after receiving the configuration setting I installed it in my phone. However, the setting that I have received is exactly the same to the one I have posted above. I am feeling a bit unlucky now.

In my case I am having Auth type – None. If you select “none” then User id and Password filed will get disabled automatically. Just try changing Auth type to none and let me know if that makes any difference.

I don’t have the option for changing the Auth type, it has only one option in the drop down box and it’s “Normal”. Anyways just now I have checked “Static DNS” in advance settings and since then I haven’t faced the same error message again, Seems checking “Static DNS” has fixed the error in my case but now I get “Connecting failed” setting frequently. God knows what’s going on in my phone?? I am thinking of switching to some other operator now.

If you get the same error message after checking “Static DNS” option as well than you can try out below settings.
    Set name – BPLGPRS
    Access name – www
    Auth type – None
    Protocol – HTTP
    Home url – You can out any as per your desire
    Proxy address – 0.0.0.0:80
    Linger time (sec) 300
    Advance settings:
    Static ip – unchecked
    Static dns – Unchecked
    Traffic class – Subscribed

Hey that worked, i was getting “DNS failed” error message even after checking “Static DNS” option. It was coming less frequently but since saving the setting that you have mentioned above i haven't come across the same error message for a single time.