Thread: Airtel 4G started in Bangalore

Airtel 4G started in Bangalore

I recently purchased a HTC Sensation and started using it. I stay in Bangalore and I purchased Airtel sim card to use in the HTC Sensation. When I enabled the internet on Airtel, HTC Sensation showed me that I have activated 4G on my phone. I have subscribed for normal internet plan, which is EDGE. Can someone explain me why I am I getting 4G notification when I have subscribed for EDGE?

Re: Airtel 4G started in Bangalore

Actually, HTC Sensation when designed, was meant for only 3G and 4G networks. Also the 4G network enabled HTC Sensation was to be launched only in North America. For other parts of the world, this smartphone was to be launched only for 3G model. The manufacturers have optimized the performance and other features of this smartphone to match the requirements and the availability in the specific region. I don’t know why your phone is showing 4G as the connection, you can simply ask the concerned person at the customer care about it.

Re: Airtel 4G started in Bangalore

It is the simple fact that since HTC Sensation was not built or designed for EDGE network, it must not have any logo for showing the EDGE or 2G network. As it detected the presence of internet in your phone, it is randomly showing you related logo. There is no 4G network in your Airtel SIM; it’s just Smartphone’s way of notifying you. It is obvious that HTC Sensation must not have logos for EDGE or 2G, thus you are seeing logo for 4G.