Thread: Beetel 450tc1 wifi modem when restarted gives error PPP PASSWORD INVALID

Beetel 450tc1 wifi modem when restarted gives error PPP PASSWORD INVALID

I have connected Beetel 450tc1 wifi modem to my BSNL boardband, I did not had any issue in configuring it but sometimes I don’t get the desired speed. In that case if I restart the modem then internet light doesn’t come up, I don’t know for what reason, I can see dsl lighting solid orange. When I try to check router status page then I get an error message saying “ppp password invalid”. I am quite sure that I am entering correct password as things work fine if I wait for 15 to 20 minutes after restarting router. In short my main issue is that I have to wait for almost 20 minutes to get internet working once restarting router. I wanted to know what might be causing this issue and what can I do to fix it?

Re: Beetel 450tc1 wifi modem when restarted gives error PPP PASSWORD INVALID

I am not sure but I think that there might be something wrong with your router, I wanted to know if you have tried updating your routers firmware? If not then try that out and see if that’s making any difference. Just make sure that you are updating your routers firmware to the latest and also reboot and reconfigure its setting once it’s gets updated. If that doesn’t make any difference and if you are having some other router then you can try using that to make out if there’s anything wrong going with your Beetel 450tc1. Just check out the things I’ve suggested and post back the response you get so that I can get more clear idea of your issue, best of luck.

After your suggestion I have updated my routers firmware and have reconfigured its setting after rebooting it but no luck. The issue is still the same and I can easily reproduce it. Even I think that there is something wrong with the router but I am not able to make out exactly what. I have tried rebooting my system and router several times but doing that is just not making any difference in my case. I wanted to know if there is any other workaround that I can try out further? Currently I am not having any other router for testing purpose. Further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

While I was looking out for your query I came across one who was facing similar issue. In his case he was using 5v adapter where as his modem needed 12v, so if you are using an adapter having voltage less than 12v then get one having 12v to get things working. If that’s not an issue in your case then I guess there might be something wrong with bsnl cable connection and you will have to contact their support for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasesh View Post
    I have connected Beetel 450tc1 wifi modem to my BSNL boardband, I did not had any issue in configuring it but sometimes I don’t get the desired speed. In that case if I restart the modem then internet light doesn’t come up, I don’t know for what reason, I can see dsl lighting solid orange. When I try to check router status page then I get an error message saying “ppp password invalid”. I am quite sure that I am entering correct password as things work fine if I wait for 15 to 20 minutes after restarting router. In short my main issue is that I have to wait for almost 20 minutes to get internet working once restarting router. I wanted to know what might be causing this issue and what can I do to fix it?
    From your question the problem is with the password and you need to reset that by contacting the cust care. As the reason is Internet light doesn't come up that states the incorrect PPPoE user name and password updated. I don't think by contacting CC via telephone would provide you new password, so you need to walk to the nearest BSNL office and provide the modem they will be able to update that.

Firmware is something auto update on all kind of modem and we don't need that to manually update. Also, if you enter the incorrect password for two or three times, it will automatically close the incorrect error popup and start connecting via default ( dummy ) user name and password which causes problem.

I have already contacted bsnl support and they simply said there is nothing wrong from their side, they assured me that they will send someone in a day or two for further assistance. I don’t think there is anything wrong with adapter as I am using the one I got with the router. Will wait for bsnl assistance and will post back the cause of the issue once I come to know about it. I am just tired of messing with router again and again.