Thread: What is best internet speed of Idea with 2g sim

What is best internet speed of Idea with 2g sim

Now as people are running behind 3G services, telecom has made 2g internet very cheap. It is a huge benefit for people like me as i have a heavy usage of internet on my mobile Usually i use up to 4GB data on my mobile every month for downloads, browsing, whatsapp, nimbuzz, etc. Now the problem is, i have used almost all service providers network but i dont get download speed more than 7kbps. What only left is Idea. Now before trying that as wll i would like to know what is the download speed we get from Idea ? Have any one of used it ? please let me know. Thank you.

Re: What is best internet speed of Idea with 2g sim

Usually all 2G sim cards give you download speed between 20 tp 30kbps, i dont know how you were getting 7kb speed. Anyway, if you go with Idea, you will get the same 25 to 30kpbs download speed. Browsing and other chat applications work good with on this speed. If you download something with UC Browser, than you can get better download speed, may be around 40kbps because thee is built in download manager in UC that boost the speed while downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Himabhas View Post
    Now the problem is, i have used almost all service providers network but i dont get download speed more than 7kbps. What only left is Idea.
    Did you ever tried using Tata Docomo ? Let me tell you that i am using Tata Docomo network but my number starts with 9819... yes, it was Vodafone number but i switched to Docomo just because of its Internet service.

As per my experience, if GPRS/EDGE is concerned, no one is better than Vodafone and Docomo. But here also Docomo wins because it is cheap with the same better service compared to vodafone. Personally, i would never like to go with Idea, reliance, airtel or loop.

If any one thinks that getting 10 to 30kbps download speed on GPRS is low, than better go with 3G. You are not going to get more than that on any network. Also note that it also depends on your network signal strength. So always make sure that you are situated at better open place or where you get full network to get the better download speed. But still i would like to suggest you to go with 3G as it is now available at reasonable rates. You can check the new rates in this image: