Thread: Complain Airtel about spam messages on my phone

Complain Airtel about spam messages on my phone

I am receiving various spam messages from numbers like 56060 or similar numbers. The messages say that I have won some random lottery in some random state and want me to claim it. How in the whole India do these people find my number to send this spam? Isn’t there any way to stop these spam messages.

Re: Complain Airtel about spam messages on my phone

You can call the customer care of Airtel and ask them to block the advertising calls. The numbers that begin with 5 are assigned to the telemarketers and such agencies that send these spam messages. According to TRAI, every service provider can block these messages for specific user under ‘Do not disturb’ scheme. You have to send message as START DND to 121 to start the ‘Do not disturb’ feature. This will automatically disable the advertising messages and other such spam messages from coming into your phone. If still it doesn’t stop for 45 days, you can complain to the customer care to stop them.

Re: Complain Airtel about spam messages on my phone

The spa messages claiming that you have won money or some prize are totally scam messages which are intended to fool the receivers into spending money. These people will claim to give you prize. They will then ask you price for getting the prize delivered to you. Then again they will ask for the money that they need to pay as government tax. They will ask many such amount of money for bogus reason. The prize will never be given to you and you will lose your own money too. So don’t fall for this scams and avoid them.