Thread: How to connect Bsnl WIFI modem in PPPOE Mod

How to connect Bsnl WIFI modem in PPPOE Mod

I am having Bsnl WIFI modem in my case and I want to know how can I connect my Bsnl WIFI modem in PPPOE Mod so that I can access internet from my mobile. I have heard that it is possible but I don’t know how to do that, is there anyone who can help me in configuring the same? Help regarding this will be very appreciative, Thanks in advance.

Re: How to connect Bsnl WIFI modem in PPPOE Mod

Try following the below steps:
    1. First type 192.168.1.1 in your computer browser and enter user name as admin and password as admin and then click on advance setup > wan >edit 0/32 column > next and chose ppp over pppoe.
    2. Now enter ppp username as bsnl , password as bsnl password and service name as dataone and click on next, make sure that you are saving the same and restart your modem.
    3. Once you are done with the same then search for wifi from your mobile open browser and click on go.

If you are having different modem then you can go through modem setting with 192.168.1.1 and check out for 0/32 column in wan option. You don’t need to use any special software or enable unup or activate gprs. You don’t even have to enter modem and mobile name.

This is the wifi setting that you have to use:
    1. Enable WIFI-yes.
    2. SSID- As you like (Example -ITI)
    3. Network Authentication-open.
    4. WEP Encryption- disabled.
    5. AP Mode: Access point
    6. Bridge Restrict: disabled.

Hey thanks for that, I have followed the solution you have mentioned above as it is but I am still I cannot access internet. I don’t have issue is getting connected to the wifi but when I am trying to access internet using my phone browser then I am getting an error message saying "invalid server name". I don’t think I have missed anything, is there anything I need to check out??

I don’t know why you are getting that error message, Have you tried creating any access points from your mobile; you don’t need to create any new access point manually. A new access point will get created automatically when you will connect your mobile with wifi for the very first time. if you still get the same error message then Configure your modem in PPPoE, Enable DHCP and set " Obtain IP address automatically " in TCP/IP properties of your connection. Just try out the things I have suggested and let me know if you get the same error message again.

If you face the same error after trying out the above solution then you can try disabling encryption that you might be using for your wifi. You should also make sure that MAC filter in “wireless “page of modem is OFF. If at all you don’t get any help from these things then try assigning internal static IP to your machine like 192.168.1.25 or 192.168.1.30. If no luck then try contacting Bsnl and address them the issue you are facing along with the solution you have tried so far. If they might be aware of this issue then they will help you out with a possible fix.