Thread: Want to upgrade to Tata Sky HD from Tata Sky SD and then record video using AVERMEDIA

Want to upgrade to Tata Sky HD from Tata Sky SD and then record video using AVERMEDIA

I am using Tata Sky SD at my home for watching television. But now I am willing to get Tata Sky HD to watch my favorite shows in high definition. Can someone tell me how should we upgrade from Tata Sky SD to Tata Sky HD. I also want to record the best episodes of my favorite shows like Shinchan, The Big Bang Theory, Two and Half Men and so on. My friend suggested me to use AVERMEDIA TV tuner card. Can someone tell if it is possible to record my favorite TV shows using it?

Re: Want to upgrade to Tata Sky HD from Tata Sky SD and then record video using AVERMEDIA

For upgrading your Tata Sky SD to Tata Sky HD, you will have to contact Tata Sky itself. You cannot just directly upgrade to Tata Sky HD by paying extra money and ordering the HD channels. The set top box for Tata Sky HD is completely different from that of Tata Sky SD, thus you also need different hardware to get the HD version. You can call Tata Sky or visit their customer care or retail service. Ask them to replace your Tata Sky set top box with Tata Sky HD set top box. This is how you have to get Tata Sky HD.

Re: Want to upgrade to Tata Sky HD from Tata Sky SD and then record video using AVERMEDIA

Yes, you can record your favorite TV shows from Tata Sky using AVERMEDIA TV tuner card on your PC. I know that the videos that you record from Tata Sky directly cannot be decrypted easily. There are some three types of TV tuner cards that can be used for purpose of recording the video from Tata Sky. The cheapest TV tuner card that you will find is Aver DVD EZMaker Gold. But the problem is that it won’t let you record in high definition. Also it won’t encode high definition videos. So practically, this TV tuner card, which is Aver DVD EZMaker Gold, is useless with Tata Sky HD and Tata Sky+ HD. You can use it with you current Tata Sky SD.

If you are planning to get Tata Sky HD or any similar HD services in your dth, then you can record high definition videos using Aver DarkCrystal HD Capture Pro or Aver Game Broadcaster HD. These TV tuner cards have price around three to four times more than that of Aver DVD EZMaker Gold. But using these TV tuner cards, you will get better recording and you can also record high definition videos from Tata Sky HD or Tata Sky+ HD. You can get video encoding of quality equivalent to resolution of 1080i and 1080p.

The reason that Aver DVD EZMaker Gold is unable to encode high definition videos while Aver DarkCrystal HD Capture Pro and Aver Game Broadcaster HD can do it is because Aver DVD EZMaker Gold doesn’t have an HDMI input while other two have. I think any other TV tuner card with HDMI input and recording feature can give you equivalent results. Aft6er reading your question, you first decide if you want to really switch to Tata Sky HD or stick to Tat Sky SD, then purchase the TV tuner card.