Thread: Do we need to register with MTNL for using its broadband on WiFi

Do we need to register with MTNL for using its broadband on WiFi

I am new to MTNL broadband connection, residing in Mumbai. Taken a MTNL broadband plan last week itself. Now as i have a laptop and a tablet at my home, i want to share the internet connection via a WiFi router. While searching for configuration on MTNL i found a page named "WiFi Registration". Do we need to first register with them for using WiFi router at our home ? Can't we directly configure the router with their modem for using wifi ?

Re: Do we need to register with MTNL for using its broadband on WiFi

I guess you made a mistake while reading the page. They have clearly mentioned "As per Department of Telecommunications (DoT) directive all customers using Wi-Fi Modem need to register themselves with their ISP.". Its Wireless Modem and not the Wireless Router. Once you get MTNL connection at your home, you can connect anything or share that connection on any number of device. So, if you have a WiFi router, simply install and start enjoying WiFi around your home.

yeah, that MTNL page is just for WiFi modem registeration. For your information when you apply for MTNL broadband, they provide you connection in two variants, one is wired line and other is wireless connection. But that wireless connection doesn't means like you can use wifi. They will actually provide your wireless modem for just your one PC.

Quote Originally Posted by shikhar View Post
    yeah, that MTNL page is just for WiFi modem registeration. For your information when you apply for MTNL broadband, they provide you connection in two variants, one is wired line and other is wireless connection. But that wireless connection doesn't means like you can use wifi. They will actually provide your wireless modem for just your one PC.
    Thats not good actually. Wireless modem may give you problem in bad weather conditions and it use to be very difficult to troubleshoot ourself. Whereas wired connections work very well. So go for Wired connection and connect your own wireless router at your place and enjoy wifi network.