Thread: High ping and slow internet speed of vodafone

High ping and slow internet speed of vodafone

I am using Vodafone 2GB 2G pack on my Samsung corby connected as a modem to my laptop. I was getting 250ms as ping and 20kbps download but from some days I am getting 1200ms as ping and 4kb download. I don’t know whats going wrong, I have contacted the Vodafone customer center and they were not of much help. I just wanted to know if I can do anything to get better download speed from my end??

Re: High ping and slow internet speed of vodafone

I am undergoing the same, I think that Vodafone is just cheating their customers for 2G pack. They are just doing this to hike their 3g pack, I was getting better download speed and surfing speed previously but now a days it’s useless. Once can just surf some sites, I hardly try to download anything because of the low speed. Previously I was able to play youtube videos quite quickly but now days I just have to wait long as it streams. I don’t think we have some other choice now rather than moving to 3g.

Yes guys 3G phone and Vodafone 3G pack works great, I am using the same and I really feel that I am getting better download and surfing speed as compared to others. I easily get 300KB/s Download speed with my iphone, I hardy had any issues with it by now and I am really satisfied with their services. I will suggest you to switch to 3G pack and enjoy better download, upload and browsing speed.

Vodafone 3G packs are quite costly and currently I am not using a 3g supported phone and that’s why I won’t be able to try out 3g but I will definitely give it a try. Vodafone 3G pack will obviously provide better download, upload and browsing speed but I don’t know why they are letting down their 2g pack users. I have contacted their customer support a number of times but they are just useless. I was using loop sim card previously and I was able to get 20 kb download speed without any issues and it used to stay stable as well. Just because my friends suggested I moved to Vodafone thinking I will get better download speed and it did as well for a couple of month. The issue has started suddenly, I am really not happy with their internet service.

Yes I agree to you on that point loop mobile 2g pack is better than Vodafone 2g pack, just for example my friend and I work in the same company and sometimes at home we use our phones as modem connected to our laptops. When I open my company’s site using loop network then it gets opened quickly where as he keeps waiting and tries the same at least 4 to 5 times. I have not used Vodafone 3g pack so I don’t have much idea about it but I have got positive response from my office mates. If something’s wrong from their end then I don’t think there is any trick that you will be able to try out to get better download and surfing speed at your end.

I have found this to be current Vodafone Prepaid 2G Internet Plans :

I am not sure but I have heard that if you go for a better plan then you get better speed. Just try updating your plan and see if you are getting luck.
    Note – Cross check Vodafone Prepaid 2G Internet Plans contacting Vodafone customer center as it varies according to cities.