Thread: is roaming charged extra using Vodafone data plans?

is roaming charged extra using Vodafone data plans?

hey guys, i have a very short question and expecting answer soon. Am leaving outstation in next few hours. Using two vodafone connections in 2 different handsets. I also use internet connection with both, one is 2g and other with 3G. Now what i want to know is that as i'll be in roaming, will Vodafone charge me extra for using internet data while roaming ? Please let me know soon.

Re: is roaming charged extra using Vodafone data plans?

No, they dont charge extra now a days for roaming. Not just Vodafone, i guess all service providers in India now provide free roaming on Data as well as call charges. I dont have any news on this, but am saying this what i experienced. I am using 2 networks Vodafone and Tata Docomo and i was in roaming 2 weeks ago. I found that i was not charged extra for the same on any of my SIM card. So be tense free and enjoy your tour.

Re: is roaming charged extra using Vodafone data plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Arumugan View Post
    No, they dont charge extra now a days for roaming. Not just Vodafone, i guess all service providers in India now provide free roaming on Data as well as call charges. I dont have any news on this, but am saying this what i experienced. I am using 2 networks Vodafone and Tata Docomo and i was in roaming 2 weeks ago. I found that i was not charged extra for the same on any of my SIM card. So be tense free and enjoy your tour.
    That is correct but not completely correct. Its true that now a days almost every service provider has waved off the roaming charges on Data usage but until you are roaming on the same network. If you switched to any other network than you will be charged for every kb consumed during that period.

For example, as you are Vodafone user and in roaming you reach some placed where you wont get Vodafone network, than your mobile will automatically search for some other network to stay online. in such cases you will be charged for sure.