Thread: how to change to airtel prepaid from vodafone?

how to change to airtel prepaid from vodafone?

I need some urgent assistance from you guys. As my title says, i need to switch my number to Airtel network. From last 6 months am getting heavy bills from Vodafone though my usage is not so much. First, i complaint them about the same but there was no workout. So i decided to convert my account from Postpaid to Vodafone prepaid but they use to say me come on the date when your bill is generated. When i go there on the same date, they say first make the payment and come. When clear my bill than they say now you have used 1 day of this new month, come on the bill date.

This kept going for 3 months. So, now am sick of it and finally decided to switch my number to Airtel prepaid account. Can you guys please let me know step by step procedure for the same ? Thank you.

Re: how to change to airtel prepaid from vodafone?

Well, the process is too simple. You just need to go under Mobile Number Portability system. That’s it. You just need to clear (make payment) your latest bill, collect it receipt. Take Xerox copies of your one Address proof and one Photo Identity proof along with the payment receipt. Visit any Airtel gallery and tell them that you need to port your number to their network. You will need to fill up a form. Submit the form with the zerox , Vodafone payment receipt and a photograph. They will charge you some around 100 or 150 and will give you a Sim Card.

That’s it. Now wait for 7 to 9 days till they complete their process. You will keep getting Notification SMS from Vodafone and Aritel about the same.

Thanks for the info buddy. Thats exactly what I wanted to know. But how will I come to know whether my number is successfully ported to Airtel ? Also will Vodafone allow me to port my number if I had used their network for one more day after the bill generation?

Once you will submit all required documents to Airtel, after 7 to 8 days suddenly your Vodafone SIM card will stop working. That means your number is ported and Vodafone account is closed. You need to enter the sim card given by Airtel in your mobile and you will see that it has started working with the same Vodafone number.

And about Vodafone’s one day usage, it is not actually one day, it will be counted till your account disabled. That comes to around 7 to 8 days. You will receive one more actually last bill for the same.

Number portability started almost 2 years ago, you should be aware of the same by now. Anyways. I have too ported my Vodafone to Tata Docomo for exactly the same reason Abhidi has. Since I submitted portability application, funny part was that I started getting calls from Vodafone for their best tariff plans. They were offering me the cheapest plans they had. Well, when they realize they are loosing one more customer, they co-operate with your but where those co-operating goes when we visit their gallery with billing problems? Anyhow, for users who want some good tariff plans should try out portability.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sabin View Post
    Anyhow, for users who want some good tariff plans should try out portability.
    Sounds good, but can we cancel the Number Portability application after few days of submitting the same ?

Yes, you can. But depends on the time. As per the MNP (mobile Number Portability) rules, you can cancel your port request within 24 hours of making the port request. This also depends on your new service provider, how fast they work. For example, If they forward your application to their Porting department next day, than you get 48 hours for cancelling the same. You can do this by simply visiting the same place where you submitted your application or by sending an SMS with CNCL PO (cellno) on 202.

Another way to cancel the same is, after submitting your application, you will get a call from new service provider customer care to confirm the same on the same day or next day (depending on their speed of work). When they confirm you, just say “NO”. That’s it.

But remember friend, you will get the Refund what you paid while porting application.