Thread: Cant recharge mobile phone via Vodafone Online using SBI net banking

Cant recharge mobile phone via Vodafone Online using SBI net banking

I have tried recharging mobile phone via Vodafone Online using SBI net banking but I got an message saying the recharge failed where as the amount has been debited from my account. I have contacted Vodafone customer support and they just said that they don’t support SBI net banking. If it is so then why have they listed the same in their payment method??? Has anyone faced the same? I think that Vodafone customer support has provided me wrong information.

Re: Cant recharge mobile phone via Vodafone Online using SBI net banking

I had faced the same but I had got the refund after contacting their customer support. They just display the below thing on their page:

Note:
    ICICI Bank credit card holders cannot recharge for more than Rs 500 per transaction.
    HDFC Bank has discontinued support for Netbanking option till further notice.
    Did you know : Just dial *111# (toll free) from your Vodafone Prepaid number to check your current balance and validity, last 3 recharges, last 3 deductions and much more.
    If they say that your bank is not supported an all then they should have mentioned it here, like they have done for HDFC Bank.

Are you sure that Vodafone customer support told you that SBI net banking is not supported for recharging? I mean I have been using SBI net banking for recharging my Vodafone card since 5 months and I have never faced any such issue by now.

I am quite sure they have provided you wrong information for hiding their flaws. Contact them again and cross check it, if they say that SBI net banking is not supported then ask them where they have listed that on their site.

I have contacted them and they clearly said that SBI net banking is not supported, I have tried making 30 rs recharge thrice today but I am getting the same message saying recharge failed. I think that there is something wrong from their side but it’s me who is suffering. I don’t understand the logic, I mean when they say that SBI net banking is not supported then how come balance is getting deducted from my account. They should have blocked the same or mention it somewhere on their site just they did for HDFC. I really don’t know what to do, if all SBI net banking is supported then what’s going wrong?? Why I am getting message saying recharge failed? As far as the refund is concerned they are ready to refund the amount but after 5 days, I am really not impressed with their service, I am feeling like throwing the card.

I am quite sure SBI net banking is supported as I have been using the same from a long time. I am aware that they don’t support HDFC anymore, I don’t know why. They should really remove the banks that are not supported from their list rather than miss guiding their customers. If you want then you can try out using some other sbi card and see if you are facing the same issue with it. I have several friends using SBI net banking for recharging their Vodafone and other cards but they have not yet reported any issues like this.