Thread: How to access blocked file hosting sites using either Reliance, Airtel or Aircel internet

How to access blocked file hosting sites using either Reliance, Airtel or Aircel internet

Since the Sopa, Pipa, etc were applied, many users have noticed that many file hosting sites were blocked on several ISPs. Even am facing problems while downloading any important softwares or files from internet due to the same. usually i access internet from my Samsung Galaxy mobile phone using Airtel 3G plan. Whenever i try to access any file hosting sites i get an error saying “This site has been blocked as per instructions from Department of Telecom (DOT)”.

It is really annoying for me. i know its been released to stop the piracy but where else i can get those files and softwares? Actually we need it just for once as its required in our college products. And for just once use, buying them with dollars is worth less. I tried access these sites with my another mobiles running with another network such as Reliance and Aircel but i get the same error. is there any way to access these sites or unblock with Airtel, Reliance and Aircel ?

Re: How to access blocked file hosting sites using either Reliance, Airtel or Aircel internet

I completely agree to you upon the same, I used to download video and music from sites like Rapidshare, Megaupload, Mediafire, etc but then recently they have been banned by Department of Telecom (DoT). Since then even I have been looking out after a solution for opening these sites even when they are banned. I don’t know if it is actually possible or not but if there is any genius here who can help me opening this site then his help will be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to access blocked file hosting sites using either Reliance, Airtel or Aircel internet

I am not very sure if this will work but then you can surely give it a try and find out if it is helping:
    First go to connection properties>IPV 4>properties> DNS Settings.
    Now set the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server as of below:
    • Preferred DNS server: 4.4.4.4
    • Alternate DNS server: 8.8.8.8

When you are done with the same then you can try opening those site and check out if you are able to access them.

As far as I am aware Blocked file sharing sites can be accessed using the below vpn’s:
    • Free VPN services
    • Comodo VPN
    • OpenVPN
    • UltraVPN
    • Proxpn

You can get any one form the above list, they all can run with Windows operating system. When you download them then you get a username and password which can be used further for accessing blocked websites no matter if they are http or https. You just have to follow the below steps after downloading and installing them, just make sure that you are rebooting your computer after installing it.
    • Launch the VPN client and select a FREE USA server and click on connect.
    • When you get a message saying ‘Data transfer is now SSL Secure.’ then you can proceed accessing those sites.