Thread: configure Reliance ZTE AC2726 modem with BSNL EVDO

configure Reliance ZTE AC2726 modem with BSNL EVDO

I have recently purchased a Wireless Connection of Reliance broadband and with it I was handed a usb modem of ZTE AC2726. I have been using the Reliance Netconnect for a while but due to bad broadband service I want to change to some other broadband internet. I was hoping to go for BSNL, but I would want to know whether this ZTE AC2726 USB Modem will work with the BSNL EVDO wireless internet connection or not. If it will not then it will just a waste of money, so please suggest whether I should change to some other broadband. Thanks

Re: configure Reliance ZTE AC2726 modem with BSNL EVDO

I think that by uninstalling the software for the ZTE AC2726 modem you will be able to configure other broadband internet with same. So try to first uninstall the device or modem from the device manager and also the driver for it from your pc and then insert the software cd that you have got with the modem in the cd/dvd drive and then reconnect the modem. When a pop ask you to install driver for the device found, then immediately cancel that and go to device manager by right clicking on my computer and then click on properties and then click on the Hardware tab and in the given option choose Device Manager. Click on the modem device from the list and install the driver by browsing to the driver CD manually. When the driver installation will be finished then it will ask you install the dialer software also. So, here you have to configure the new broadband connection in the network manager to connect to the internet. Let us know whether it worked out for you or not, we will find some other solutions for same.

Re: configure Reliance ZTE AC2726 modem with BSNL EVDO

The ZTE AC2726 is capable and is very simple to install and use with other connections. Whenever this device is plugged into any computer or any laptop for the first time, the driver or software automatically installs on its own, saving the time for you install it by inserting the driver cd in the cd/dvd drive. So if you are connecting it properly, then you wont have to follow the above suggestions of manually installing the software given by "Suprakash", but if something goes wrong then you can surely follow it. Anways, whenevr you are entering the password or user id, then do you have to use a dialer to connect or what? If you are able to access the settings then you can copy the data here and we will let you know how to configure it. For that go to start and then type cmd and in the new window type ipconfig/ all and copy all intext words and paste it into a wordpad and then paste here as well. If the modem is locked then unfortuanely you will have to unlock it by going to some tech related shop and then only it will work with other connections.