Thread: using Huawei MT841 Wifi router for MTNL Triband

using Huawei MT841 Wifi router for MTNL Triband

Hello all,

I live in Mumbai area and I normally use a Huawei MT841 wireless router which I want to use for MTNL Triband connection. Actually, I was using the same router with BSNL connection but am afraid that if I use it for Mtnl then I wouldnt be penalised or if it is not recommendable, so worried a little. Well, if there is nothing to worry then can anyone give me a proper setting or configuration to use MT841 router for Mtnl Triband. Thanks anyone in advance

re: using Huawei MT841 Wifi router for MTNL Triband

There is no need to worry, just follow the below instructions to configure the Huawei MT841 router for Mtnl Triband:

1.First of all you need to go to a browser and then type http://192.168.1.1, you will come accross a login id and password, simply login with the id or password that you have set.
    2.After that you have to choose Connections which will be under Basic option that could be placed at the left hand side from the menu.
    3.On the right pane, you will have to choose Wan Configuration, click on it.
    4.You have to change VPI/VC of PVC0 to 0/32 from 0/35 and click on Apply.
    5.After that go to the TCP/IP properties and change the old dns server of bsnl with the new mtnl dns server and click apply, ok.
    6.After that you just need to save the settings and then restart the mode. Thats it, you will be able to connect to the MTNL triband with the Huwaei router now.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Re: using Huawei MT841 Wifi router for MTNL Triband

You can also use a wireless setup and autodail for MT841 modem. Take out the wlan card from the modem and connect it with usb or the lan cable that comes with it. Now you have to change the ethernet connection ip address to the following ranges:
    IP Address should be - 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask should be - 255.255.255.0
    And Default Gateway should be - 192.168.1.1

Go to your browser and open the Huwaei MT841 page by login into it, again select the Basic option and then select connections. On the left side you will come accross with PVC0 to PVC6, simply change it to dial up connection automatically with PPPoE setup. After that if you are not able to edit PVC0 connection by clicking on the note icon then you can simply delete it, start with PVC6 and delete. Delete all PVC0, PVC2 and PVC6, except PVC1, untill you make a new PVC. After that create new PVC and use the below parameters in same:
    WAN Type - PPPoE
    VPI/VCI - 0/35
    Encapsulation - LLC
    Default Route - Enable
    User Name - (same username that you are using or put new)
    Password - (same password that you are using or put new)
    use DNS - enable

After clicking on apply, you will come across new PVC1. Now you can again delete PVC0 and make new PVC List by pressing new for your connection. Remember to put the below things in all the PVC List:
    Wan Type - Bridge
    - LLC

And put the below for VPI/VCI:
    PVC1 - 8 /35
    PVC2 - 0 /100
    PVC3 - 0 /32
    PVC4 - 8 /81
    PVC5 - 8 / 32
    PVC6 - 14 / 24

After creating all this PVC's go to advance option and enable firewall. Also enable the DNS option and put the following ip's:
    Primary DNS - 61.1.96.69
    Secondry DNS - 61.1.96.71

Select the save this changes and then restart the router. You might be automatically connecting to the internet without dialing PPPoE dialer after the restart. So you need to switch off the router and disconnect the wlan cable or either usb cable from the modem to the pc and then connect the wlan card to the router. You will be then connected to the internet after the modem finishes searches for available network.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter