Thread: Speed test of Airtel 4G is awesome

Speed test of Airtel 4G is awesome

I was reading newspaper yesterday when I saw an advertisement regarding to the Airtel’s 4G LTE internet. I have started using 3G recently and satisfied by the speed that this technology gives. It is obvious that 4G will be more advanced than 3G internet and will be faster. So can anyone tell me what this LTE at the end of the name is? Also I wanted to know which regions in India will have this service available and what will be the price range for these services? Has anyone used Airtel’s 4G LTE internet, I would like to know how much download speed in this internet?

Re: Speed test of Airtel 4G is awesome

Bharti Airtel is the first telecom company in India that has brought 4G wireless internet services in India. The LTE at the end of the name stands for Long Term Evolution which is useful for high speed internet useful for real time streaming of video, watching high definition videos on internet and to play multiplayer games in real time. The first city in India to get these services is Kolkata. Yes, this service was first available in Kolkata and then it was later on made available in Bangalore, Chandigarh and in Maharashtra. In Maharashtra, Airtel 4G LTE will not be available in Mumbai but will be available in other regions. The modems which will be provided to the customers who subscribe to the 4G LTE services will have modems and CPE hardware which will support LTE TDD/ FDD technology. In coming years, this technology will also be useful in mobile phones, handheld devices and tablets.

At present no internet plan that provides Airtel’s 4G LTE technology has unlimited data usage. Also these plans are expensive as compared to normal internet plans available with other internet service providers. The first plan is named ‘Break Free’ and it cost Rs. 999 per month. It provides 6 GB of data usage per month. The second plan is named ‘Break Free Max’ and it cost Rs. 1399 per month. It provides 9 GB of data usage per month. The third plan is named ‘Break Free Ultra’ and it cost Rs. 1999 per month. It provides 18 GB of data usage per month. The fourth and last plan is named ‘Break Free Ultimate’ and it cost Rs. 2999 per month. It provides 30 GB of data usage per month. The hardware that you will need to buy is either a modem if you want to install it in your home or work place. The other hardware available is 4G dongle. It will be useful if you will be going out and need internet connection regularly. The Indoor CPE with Wi-Fi modem is priced at Rs. 7750 and 4G Multi Mode Dongle is priced at Rs. 7999.

I have started using Airtel 4G LTE yesterday and the speed that Airtel 4G LTE provides is very high. I am getting around 1 to 1.2 Mbps of download speed. Even when downloading any data from torrent using the torrent client, I get speed of around 900 kbps. This is awesome and I think that it will bring evolution in the field of telecommunication. The only problem is that the plan I am using provides only 9 GB of data usage. With such a high speed, I can end up all the data usage in couple of hours itself. The only advantage of this current service is that we don’t have to wait for long time for a webpage to open completely. Watching videos in high definition is a unique experience. Also I can now watch cricket match at real time without having to wait for regular buffers and lags.